Sunday, October 26, 2014

Why some days are so unproductive?


I wonder some days when they are about to end.. That which task I have completed today? Oh no I get that bad feeling of not doing anything productive some days.

I am not a social networking sticky type of guys who keeps on doing FB or something whole day.
Even their are some days which I spend by reading articles and just kind of exploring new stuffs. This too makes me feels that I lived today in an unstructured way and thus I can't tell that towards which path I walked today.

These days are really unproductive and makes me feel that I haven't achieved anything today. Wait! I think this because may be I wasn't stick to the path towards my goal and through out my day I wasn't focused on what was my today's goal or you may say that I haven't made any short term goal today in the beginning of my day this made me not to stick to what I would have planned to do today.

So first thing first, every morning when we reach our office give 30 minutes, complete 30 minutes to plan that what you are going to do today so that it may really help to approach towards the goal which you have ahead, it may be any project delivery or completion of any module kind of stuff.

Now, how to plan out stuffs which you are going to do today. Take a paper (as I do) and start writing what you have to do today w.r.t what you did yesterday and how today's work will values to it. Before doing all this, make the diagram of the entire goal and break it down into tasks. These tasks can further be broken down to sub-tasks and arranged in order and dependencies. Thus, after arranging them, one can plot it on time-line and hence each day gets its own small goals (sub-tasks).



In this way one can find himself/herself to be productive each day and summing up each day will make him/her productive in that project or long run.

No comments:

Goals - long term vs short term rewards

 I guess it has started to be clear now that it's the goal which drives a person or else he or she may fall in the grip of the activitie...