Thursday, April 9, 2015

Baby Steps Last days of completion

2015, April 9:
Last day I was suppose to deliver the BabySteps app but unfortunately I came across a bug where the Timeline and the Reminders were not being sync when internet connection is not present.
The reason was the sync column was not being set hence the unsync pending sync was not detected for both Reminders and Timeline.
When it was detected, then there was an exception in the cloud database. It was that the column values were set as null.
Along with this, there was another exception which was the reminders and timeline were saved with internet connection then null was set hence when pulled back the values were reflected in the front end.

Complete mess.

The third issue which is eating up my head is reminders are not showing where existing baby selected.

2015, April 10:
Last evening a new bug was discovered, the pending sync growth was not working properly. I thought I may have to stay at office to completely make the app bug free, but then I thought leave it. Let's not put so much stress on myself and go home. When I reached home and debugged the app, I saw the issue was in the DB end which was made by me. Just one word which was changing the whole logical flow of deletion. At last fixed it and it worked.

Today I need to check through complete application and think about possible issues which can happen and then find out the solution to fix it and it should be the solution which should not create exception on other module.

2015, April 11:
Last night I slept at Sahil's place. It was really nice and cozy. I had to complete the project by yesterday anyhow so I thought to stay at the office at night if required but Sahil asked me to come to his place. I watched Sherlock episode while having the dinner and then sat down to work to complete the app. Realised that I was close to complete it by fixing few of minor bugs. I rectified the bugs which I was aware of and then at 2 o'clock at night I got a confidence that yes everything is done I guess. Things were working properly. I took a call that yes now everything has been fixed and it's working properly. Mailed the latest version of BabySteps to business head and closed the development. I mentioned in the mail that I can't guarantee that the app will work 100% in all condition and for always, but clearly mentioned that at least I am 90% confidence that yes it's gonna work always.
Freezed the code mailed the backups of app, web services and db dump to out COO and internal team members.
Good luck and Good night.

No comments:

Goals - long term vs short term rewards

 I guess it has started to be clear now that it's the goal which drives a person or else he or she may fall in the grip of the activitie...