Wednesday, March 15, 2017

After a tiring event, getting back to Habit Tracker

On March 14th, night:
Sometimes I think, why habit tracker?
Recently, I was in an event called Jugaadathon, a medical healthcare related hackathon. What I like the most about the event is the way it is being structured and kept forward.

Digging deep in the problem. Understanding why the problem exists, what is the impact of the problem then coming up with solution. This model is one of the helpful way to create a valuable product.

Continuing the same post on March 15th:
Coming back to habit tracking, one of the reason which I learned is user stop using the app after sometime as they loose interest out of it as the same text is being displayed on the notification bar, hence the usage of the app starts declining after few days of installing the app.
There is no on-boarding mechanism in the app as well.
Moreover to take the app to the market, once you have reached to a functional milestone then you can start asking people in your network to download the app and test it. If one doesn't market the app or the product or the services then it is really difficult to expect or set goal of # of downloads within a targeted date.
Today as in 15th March, I want to cross 100 downloads on Playstore, right now it is 72 and I have 47 users registered. By the end of the day I want to acquire 100 users and cross 100 downloads as well. Let's see if that happens.
Just calculating in my mind that do I need to do something in the app before spreading it in the market?
Will try to keep it minimal so that I can start sharing the app with users as soon as possible. This much for now, will update at night where I reached.

No comments:

Goals - long term vs short term rewards

 I guess it has started to be clear now that it's the goal which drives a person or else he or she may fall in the grip of the activitie...